You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-22 01:16:32

SEN

Streaming Peculiarities

Hey there! I've been enjoying the game so far. Haven't finished designing my first lock yet, but then I've made some very poor choices indeed. I apologize in advance for rambling.

Anyway, I'm a conversational problem-solver. Often in coding this is referred to as "rubber duck debugging" - explain the problem to the duck before you drag anyone else into it. Anyway, I have friends who enjoy being on the sidelines and occasionally even solving problems themselves. I realize that multi-personal problem-solving is somewhat antithetical to the game's concept, but I'm in no danger of dominating the board anyway, I assure you.

SO to the problem. I use Steam and sometimes when that fails Evolve as streaming clients, mainly because they're easy to set up and don't require installing yet more unnecessary software. I'll install other software if necessary, but I figured I'd run this by you first, that you can be aware of it and tackle it if you're inclined. So, both of these stream by setting up an overlay and from there doing various specific functions. If you've ever used a Steam game before you're well familiar with that one I expect.

The problem is, if you don't get an overlay, you don't get a stream, and Intricacy does not get an overlay. To my understanding, the Steam overlay is basically compatible with any game or program in existence, as long as you register and run a game via steam rather than from your OS's directory. The only caveat I've found whilst googling a user's troubleshooting of the problem is that programs with launchers confuse it, catching the launcher in the overlay but not subsequently the game. Intricacy doesn't have a launcher, so I am beyond my experience as a casual user.

Specs: Windows 7 64b, windows binary, most recent version as of earlier today of Intricacy. I dunno as anything else is relevant, but do let me know if I'm wrong.

#2 2015-06-22 11:35:50

ZED

Re: Streaming Peculiarities

Welcome, SEN!

I'm afraid I don't know anything about streaming. But this is a basic SDL game, drawing directly to the screen rather than using OpenGL, so I guess you want something which will simply capture the screen. Based on some quick searching, "Open Broadcaster" sounds like it might work (I may be wrong).

Good luck!

#3 2015-06-23 03:18:30

NOI

Re: Streaming Peculiarities

Have you tried setting steam to "Record video from all applications on this machine"? It still won't get you an overlay but I'd be surprise if the game still doesn't at least show up.

Last edited by NOI (2015-06-23 03:20:14)

Board footer